Well well well. It seems there’s some truth to letting your nose guide you. Last time at this stage, my starter smelled so pungent and yucky that I ended up throwing it away one day later. Now, with the orange juice, it just smells VERY sour.

The next step in this starter is to add 2 tablespoons of wholemeal flour and 2 tablespoons of orange juice. However, since my starter has a small layer of liquid above it, I decided to up the amount of flour to 3 tablespoons while maintaining 2 tablespoons of orange juice. The consistency is rather like as shown in the video so I am cautiously optimistic of the outcome.

By tomorrow this time, I should be able to see some growth. So here’s to the yeasty fellas in the starter! Cheers!